outfit details: worn for small group on June 7, 2011. earrings: walmart top: banana republic, thrifted watch: target pants: gap, thrifted, restyled shoes: target
These pants started their life looking more like this picture I pinned. Then I found them in the thrift store and loved how well the top fit and decided to make them into something I would actually wear. It wasn’t the easiest restyle, but I traced the pants legs of one of my favorite pairs of jeans and then sewed along the traced line. I love how they turned out! I would never wear them as wide-legged pants, because it is an incredibly unflattering look on me. However, taking the legs in a few inches turned them into one of my favorite pairs of pants.
Transforming seems to be the topic of the day and Katy, of Modly Chic is asking us to share if and how our taste has transformed since we started blogging. I look forward to seeing every-one’s answers to these questions.
1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping? Oh yes! And I think people who know me have noticed the differences. I used to only buy clothes that were within my “safe” set of colors. That was essentially limited to dark, cool tones and neutrals. Now I have a wardrobe full of all different sorts of colors. Before blogging, I rarely found any sort of patterns that I loved, and if I bought them I rarely wore them. This shirt is one thing that I would not have found before I started blogging (partially because I found it at a thrift store, and I started thrifting after I started blogging). It is patterned and has ruffled sleeves, which I was a little unsure of. I really like it though, and it was a great find!
2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that? Yes, I do dress differently than my family and friends, and they do comment on it occasionally, though rarely negatively. Often they want outfit advice or just want to let me know that they really like what I’m wearing. I actually came up with the name of my blog thanks to friends and family, who (still) ask if an outfit or item of clothing is “Rochelle Approved”.
3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it? Neon and the bright orange and yellow tones that are everywhere are trends that I like on other people. Those colors are ones that have yet to make it into my closet as most of them make me look dead. I love to decorate with them and those colors can be found all over our apartment .
4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do? White pants. But I need to find a pair I love before I can work up the courage to try wearing them.
5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices? I just found the blog Fashion Curious, and Cait is already inspiring me with her choices. I love how she wears yellow in a pair of summer wedges and isn’t afraid to carry a flea market purse with her outfit!
Your turn! Have you seen your style transform and your tastes change? Or is there a fashion trend you’ve been wanting to try, but don’t know how to wear?